FIND YOUR FLAVOR IN THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD REGIONby GREAT OCEAN ROAD
So you've chosen to visit the Great Ocean Road for the scenery and natural attractions?
Let's point you in the right direction...
1. Food trails
Celebrate the exceptional flavours of the Otway Hinterland. Pick up a trail brochure at a Visitor Information Centre and escape to an all-season showcase of producers, provedores, vineyards, breweries, markets, farmgates, and eateries. Mingle with growers, brewers, winemakers and food artisans.
Choose the 70km or 140km loop treks through inspiring landscapes and taste experiences. From distillery, cheesery, winery and ice creamery to artisan chocolates and farm-fresh veggies, it’s all about a party in your mouth while ogling stunning scenery.
2. For the sweet tooth's
- Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie + Icecreamery, Bellbrae (MASSIVE shop with every imaginable chocolate)
3. For the cheese lovers
- Great Ocean Road Cheeseworld (locally made cheese and other goodies)
4. For the seafood lovers
- The Wharf at Port Fairy (reputation for excellent seafood)
5. A family meal
- Simon's Waterfront, Warrnambool (bay views)
- Lady Bay Resort (breakwater precinct)
- Izzy's Restaurant Bar, Koroit (European style pizzas and more)
7. Grab 'n go
- Apollo Bay Bakery (try a scallop pie!)
8. For the beer + wine tasters
- Basalt Wines (award winning wines near Tower Hill)
- Great Ocean Road Brewhouse, Apollo Bay (home to Prickly Moses craft beer)
- Timboon Railway Shed Distillery (whisky), Timboon
- Forrest Brewing Company, Forrest
9. Paddock to plate
- Brae Restaurant, Birregurra
- Yield Restaurant + Providore, Birregurra
- Forage on the Foreshore, Port Campbell
For more eateries in the region, click here.